The Ritz Explosion Box by Julie Schinkel


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  


Hi everyone! It's Julie here back on the blog today sharing an explosion box card that I have created using the The Ritz collection from Ultimate Crafts. This design is generic so it can be used for any occasion from an 18th or 21st Birthday, an Engagement, Wedding or a milestone birthday or anniversary event.

For today's tutorial I'm focusing on The Ritz collection and how I have used the Ultimate Crafts Die Cut & Bond tape with the Couture Creations Heat Activated Foil to create beautiful embellishments for my explosion box. If you would like to see more details on how I created this piece, pop on over to my blog for a more in depth tutorial. There are loads of explosion box templates available online, the one I have used will be on my blog post. If you already have a template that you like, you can certainly use that and then decorate the box using the same papers, dies and embellishments as I have on mine.



For the die cut embellishments adhere a strip of the Die Cut & Bond tape onto a scrap piece of cardstock and cut out the die shape. For this tutorial, I only wanted the decorative piece of this die so I only cut that part.


Next, remove the backing from the die cuts and place onto a sheet of foil. I have used the Gold Mirror foil for this project.


Turn the foil over and rub over the die cuts firmly until enough foil has covered each piece. You should be able to clearly see the outline of the die cut through the foil.



You should end up with a die cut looking like this. The foil comes out beautifully (better in real life). It's best to use smooth cardstock for this technique as you will avoid having to touch up your piece like mine below. You could also leave it like this to give your embellishment a distressed look. Either way still looks great.


If this happens to you while you are foiling your die cut, just remove the piece of backing left behind and simply press the foil over the die cut again. No one will ever know! :)


Here is how the die cut and foiled embellisments turned out on my finished piece.



Other Products:
Gold Ink
Large gemstone


Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial.
Until next time.
Happy Crafting!



You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts